The IT Database Administrator administers, and oversees database implementations and design both on premise and on private and public cloud. He/she is responsible for database administration, performance monitoring and tuning, capacity planning, new database implementation, security, patches and upgrades. He/she troubleshoots problems related to databases, enforces policies and standards for all database activities, ensures all databases including the backups are healthy, monitors as well as maintains and organises reporting for the databases.
1. Responsible for ensuring availability and performance of the databases that support the IT systems hosted on premise and in the cloud.
2. Responsible for developing, establishing and enforcing policies and standards for all the database activities, to ensure that they are consistent with industry best practices.
3. Work to ensure that the associated hardware resources allocated to the databases and to ensure high resilience and performance tuning.
4. To proactively monitor the database systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime (SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2014/2016, Oracle, Mysql).
5. Responsible for troubleshooting and problem solving of SQL, Oracle, Mysql environment and development.
6. Responsible for improvement and maintenance of the databases to include rollout and upgrades.
7. Responsible for implementation and release of database changes.
8. The ability to develop stored procedures, triggers, indexes, and views in support of development projects.
9. Design and implement DR scenarios and optimize RTOs and RPOs as per Business requirements.
BS or BA degree, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
education, training or work experience
Relevant MS Certifications
Relevant Database Certifications
AWS or AZURE Cloud certification
5 + years proven experience in database administering
In depth SQL Database Administration experience (SQL Admin)
o Experience of managing multiple MS
o Experience with Microsoft clustering technologies and SSIS
o Experience with SQL Always on
o Experience with running SQL on AWS or AZURE across multiple
o Experience with shared storage technologies
o Practical experience in monitoring and tuning a database to
provide a high availability service
o Administration of MSSQL reporting services
o Practical experience in managing the internal and external MS
SQL database security
o Previous MS system engineering experience preferred
In depth Oracle Database Administration experience (Oracle Admin)
o Oracle Database 10/11g RAC administration,
o Oracle e-business Suite, Oracle Cloud, Hyperion
o Administration of Oracle applications
o Experience include patch management, cloning, RMAN, OEM.
o Working knowledge of Hyperion Essbase to maintain the
Hyperion suite which is integrated to Oracle eBusiness Suite
o Experience with running ORACLE on AWS or AZURE across
o Experience with GG and ADG technologies.
Salary: INR 4,75,000 - 9,75,000 P.A.
Industry: IT-Software / Software Services
Functional Area: IT Software - Application Programming, Maintenance
Role Category: Admin/Maintenance/Security/Datawarehousing
Employment Type: Permanent Job, Full Time