Key Roles and Responsibilities:
The candidate must be fully well versed with Cisco licensing structure- including
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- o Licensing models- RTU,Permanent, Smart, DNA, EA , etc
- o License consumption plans , license types
- o Applicable architectures and a high level idea of the features of each of license types
- o Able to articulate roadmap
- o Have domain experience (Technical) in one of the domain in- NI, Collaboration, DC , Cloud (preferred)
- o Able to articulate the license usage in typical client architectures- Campus, WAN, Branch, Data Center, Voice (Collab)- Best Practices and current usage patterns (from IB)
- o Cisco tools available for license management such as License registration portal, Software Licensing tool, Enterprise agreement, Cisco Smart software manager, Delivery
- o Commercial construct of the various licenses
- Research software licensing models, product use rights and license metrics/entitlements as needed
- Remain current on software licensing rules and regulations in order to provide advice on queries related to license usage to ensure no non-conformance when proposing appropriate licenses to client’s needs
- Analyse client software purchases to identify suitable bundles for effective commercial license proposal
- Evaluate and recommend options to reduce licensing costs
- Create process/procedures around licensing controls and management
- Maintain software licensing knowledge and familiarity with product use rights
- Ensure and maintain expertise and advise stakeholders on license management methods, processes, best practices, technologies and tools
- Maintain familiarity with software licensing in the vendor’s environment.
- Perform cost benefit analysis on the proposed licensing bundles to support the design of competitive pricing proposition of specific client deals.
- Review the financial returns delivered by engagements to ensure the learning is captured as engagements deliver.
- Lead transformation deals on the conversion of current software licenses into Enterprise Agreements, change to optimal license structure etc
- Own documentations and deliver trainings to cross fuctional / internal teams
- Work with senior leadership team.
- Develop, implement and review operational policies and procedures
- Solid grasp of Smart accounts and Smart licensing
- Be available for internal stakeholders and client discussions on escalation and/or consumption report in detail
Academic Qualifications and Certifications:
- Mandatory prior experience in Cisco license compliance
- Madatory knowledge of Cisco license structure, license tools and license commercial model. Knowledge in at least one other vendor like Microsoft or VMware or SAP will be advantageous
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good negotiations and problem-solving skills
- Effective reporting and presentation skills
- Excellent commercial acumen
- High level of drive and ability to work under pressure
- Superior awareness and understanding of relevant industry trends and issues, as well as vendor organizations and business practices within the field of software license management and compliance.
- Expertise in software license management, especially in interpreting contract language and compliance.
- Expertise in contract management, especially in contract negotiations.
- Proficient understanding of financial concepts and practices as they relate to software license and contract management.
- Certified Software Manager certification is desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Business, Commercial or equivalent
- Moderate level of relevant experience in similar role within a related environment
- Certification in product management and licensing of our top OEM vendors (eg. Cisco, Microsoft, VMware, Palo Alto etc) we represent or industry in general
- Ability to position and sell the value of enterprise licensing agreements over standard license purchases to clients
- Experience in license maintenance agreements and contracts.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills (including presentation skills)
- Strong skills in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Superior organizational and analytical skills
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and tool skills (Excel, Pivot tables, data manipulation and transformation).
- Shown technical background in software Licensing
- High energy, independent worker, comfortable with ambiguity, works fast to drive clarity out of confusion
- A track record of influencing larger teams including matrixed teams for impact and building consensus
- Superb communication skills oral, written and presentation
- Ability to influence, collaborate with multiple cross-functional teams & work with resources, in a ‘virtual’ style, that are not under direct control will determine success in the role.
- Hands-on, can-do attitude and a highly collaborative style.
- Calm and self-motivated with a strong focus on delivery under tight timelines.
Salary: INR 15,00,000 - 27,50,000 PA.
/ Software Services
Functional Area: Supply Chain
Role Category: Purchase/Material Management
Role: Purchase/Vendor Development Manager
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent